Интересные факты про золото
Gold is a world-known precious metal. Because it is ductile, malleable, bright and shiny, gold has become the perfect material for preserving the capital, making jewelry and luxury items among different cultures. Today we have prepared for you some interesting facts about the yellow metal:
- If all the gold in the world were strung on a 5 micron wire, it could wrap 11.2 million times around the world.
- Gold has a boiling point of 2808 degrees Celsius.
- A troy ounce of gold has slightly more than 31 grams.
- It is less common to find a one ounce gold nugget than a five carat diamond.
- The temperature of the human body is 37 degrees Celsius. Gold's thermal conductivity means that it quickly reaches body temperature, which is one of the reasons gold has become valued in jewelry.
- Gold melts at 1,064 degrees Celsius.
- About 187,200 tons of gold have been mined since the beginning of civilization.
- Australian miner George Harrison, while digging rocks to build a house, found gold ore near Johannesburg in 1885, which caused a gold rush in South Africa.